12.27.2012

Relaunch & Introductions

The Fans Talk Sports Blog

Bill Montoya- 

My name is Bill Montoya. I am an avid sports fan with special interest in Major League Baseball. I do enjoy most sports including: NFL, College Football, Minor and Major League Baseball, NBA, College Hoops, and more. For the most part, I will be covering MLB but I will contribute to other sport posts as time permits.

I am a college student, husband, and father with a near full time job so I am often pressed for time. But additions will be made on my part as much as possible.

My favorite sports teams are all pretty much Bay Area teams. I love the Oakland Raiders, Oakland A's, and Golden State Warriors. I also have an interest in the San Jose Sharks for NHL. Also, because I'm from Wyoming I love the Cowboys in all sports. Being born in Utah I also have a soft spot for the Utah Utes.
Because this is a blog with the focus on the fans, these will be the teams that I have the most knowledge in and the teams I write the most about. But, we will all do our best on this site to have unbiased opinions towards our teams when it comes to analysis.

I am excited to make the new additions to the cast, and to welcome back the others. Their introductions are below!

Kyle Gilmore-

Well first and foremost, I'd like to thank Billy Montoya for asking me to help him out with this blog. I look forward to bring my opinions on the football world to your computer screen. Some you may like, others you will hate. But before I get started I thought I'd let you all know just a bit about me.

Starting with the most important. I am a life long Miami Dolphins fan. I bleed aqua and orange. There is not anything I can think of that I am more passionate about. Through the highs and lows I will always stand by them. And yes we have had our fair share of lows. But that will be entirely different article. Besides, there is light at the end of the tunnel Phin fans.

Being a native Wyomingite, I do follow our Cowboys. Go Pokes!!!! However, I do try to keep up on the Miami Hurricanes and Oregon Ducks. Mostly I just enjoy watching future NFL prospects.

I don't watch much basketball now days, but I grew up an Orlando Magic fan. Huge Penny fan. P.S., you broke my heart Dwight.

Last but not least, assuming the NHL ever starts back up (Mostly kidding), I am a Pittsburgh Penguins fan. Mario Lemieux changed the way hockey was played. He will always be the greatest to ever play in my opinion. However my tastes have started to slide to the defensive side. Marc-Andre Fleury and Kris Letang are my favorite Pens now days.

I hope this gives you a little insight into who I am. I look forward to sharing my thoughts with anyone willing to listen.

Phins Up,

Kyle Gilmore


Nathaniel Ogden-

Hey everyone! Despite the name you see directly above this line of text, my real identity is Nat. It’s shorter. I’m married, work full time, musician/producer, and do a little gaming on the side, now adding sports blogging to my resume. Anyways, I’m really looking forward to bringing the world of basketball and NBA to everyone and contributing to this as much as possible.
I’m stationed where I was born and raised, the “307” as some locals call it. I prefer the term “Wyoming”. I grew up a fan of basketball, and the Utah Jazz. The glory days of Stockton to Malone are over, but I still consider myself a part of Jazz Nation. I’m a fan of many other NBA teams as well. I’m also a bit of a NFL fan. I don’t really have a team I pledge my allegiance to. Growing up I’ve gone from liking the Seahawks, Packers, Cowboys. Now I would say I’m somewhere between a Steelers and a Vikings fan…
All the while, I look forward to being here!

1 comment:

  1. Hey all! the name is G1 and I am originally from Michigan, (Yep somewhat a Detroit sports fan) but I live in Wyoming. I have been around a long time, following NFL when FRAN THE MAN was around, Jack Lambert was the siccest MLB ever and Jack Tatum hit Darryl Stingley. Yep I am ancient. But I love sports. I am first and foremost a diehard USC fan. That won't ever change! I am a fan of all sports, so I wear any and everyone except Raiders and now Jets.

    I pretty know all about college sports, the NFL, Basketball, but thanks to Bill, I have become a better baseball fan. I like Bill love the cali teams, his being Bay area, mine below. I am a clippers fan, have enjoyed GS, but really havent been a diehard NBA fan since Jordan retired. NFL i grew up a Steelers fan and they still have my heart.
    Overall I just love sports. I look forward to many fun discussions!

    ReplyDelete

Agree? Disagree? Need to express your opinion? Add here! Please keep the language clean and comments respectful or the comment will be pulled from the site. Constructive criticism is welcome, attacking or abusive comments are not!