11.29.2011

MEYER TO OHIO STATE

Well It took only 2 years, but Urban Meyer find himself back home where he was an Grad Assistant, becoming the head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Is this a good fit? I believe so. Since the Big Ten lost one of the greatest coaches ever in Joe Paterno, Jim Tressell and Rich Rodriguez didnt help do much for the Big Ten image as well. But with Meyers, the conference will get a facelift. I expect him to  become the new face of the Big Ten, bringing respect back  to the conference and get  OSU's tarnished reputation, back on its feet.

     Already making an impact, Meyers presence has brought in two recruits in  Adolphus Washington. The 6'4" 250 pound DE senior from Cincinnati Taft High School, and  Lakeland High's Ricquan Southward, a WR. He had officially committed to Miami, but changed his mind to go with Meyer at OSU.  I would expect ALOT of Florida talent will be making their way to the cold, plain state of Ohio.

I also expect some great Michigan/OSU battles just like the old Bo/Woody days. But I am here to tell you., I think the bigger rivalry will be with Michigan State. That will be the games to watch.
 I expect them to be a powerhouse within 2 years, possibly could happen next year. And keeping Luke Fickell on will help. he is something constant for the players returning and to me thats always a good thing.
 It will be a fun conference and I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Need to express your opinion? Add here! Please keep the language clean and comments respectful or the comment will be pulled from the site. Constructive criticism is welcome, attacking or abusive comments are not!