Coliseum Woes Continue to Overshadow A's Great Season
- There are options in Oakland
- Massive renovations to the Coliseum (not likely)
- New stadium in Oakland (Clorox and other local companies have pledged assistance to keep the team in Oakland) Likely to happen if Lew Wolff changes his stance on "needing" to move the team.
- Raiders get new stadium, Coliseum becomes baseball only, renovations to follow. I see this as most likely, since NFL seems to drag their feet less than MLB.
- Move to San Jose
- More money for everyone involved except city of Oakland. Potentially higher payroll to help keep home-grown talent. Also very likely that Wolff becomes the next Jeffrey Loria (get taxpayers to foot the bill for the new stadium, then cut payroll to pocket more money.)
- Gets rid of MLB's antitrust exclusion, cities would then be able to lobby for teams to come to them. Larger markets would soon be taking small market teams. (No more Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland A's, Kansas City Royals, etc...) Extremely unlikely, MLB will likely avoid this at all costs.